Friday, May 25, 2012

A Little Visit To The Second Floor......

The upstairs of the bank building is in pretty good shape.  Work had been done on it and it looks great, but will need a good cleaning.  It's also where our "stuff" is stored.  We had lots of fun getting these things up the long and winding stairs.  Inevitably, we always started to laugh at the most inopportune times.  On one of the days we were hauling furniture up those stairs, my sister had donated blood earlier in the day.  It was a hot day and we were trying to get a large and heavy library table around the turn.  My sister suddenty proclaimed, "I am going to get sick......I've got to sit down for a minute.  Fortunately, that lovely table was wedged tightly in the space so I sat on the stairs with my back against the table until she felt a bit better.  We did get the table up the stairs and around the corner. 

We have talked about renting out some of the space upstairs for groups looking for a great space to meet and work on quilting, scrapbooking or other artistic/crafty projects for a day or a whole weekend.   It would be a great space to teach a class.  I have been making jointed collectible mohair teddy bears for 25 year and would love to teach a class if I could find some interested parties.  There is a lovely tearoom down the street and I'm sure we could get some wonderful meals brought in.  Please keep us in mind.

I hope you enjoy the photos.  We love your feedback.


Welcome to the second floor

At the top of the stairs looking down the long hallway



Some of our inventory stored upstairs










And more stuff......




This is the room we would rent out for classes, meetings or other group functions.  It is nice and bright and has a lovely view on the Prairie City square





The lovely glass shades on the shelves will be on the lights downstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment